Search This Blog

Tuesday, 26 November 2013

The Infancy of Jesus Christ

A story about Jesus making a clay figure of a bird in the Quran parallels the story in the gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ.

Surah 5:110, “O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour to you and to your mother when I supported with the Ruh ul Qudus so that you spoke to people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing (the power of understanding), the Torah and the Gospel; and when you made out of clay a figure like that of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission, and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) as you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: “This is nothing but evident magic.”

1 Infancy 19:16-19, “Again on another day the Lord Jesus was with some boys by a river and they drew water out of the river by little channels, and made little fish-pools. But the Lord Jesus had made twelve sparrows, and placed about his pool on each side, three on a side. But it was the Sabbath day, and the son of Hanani a Jew came by, and saw them making these things, and said, “Do ye thus make figures of clay on the Sabbath? And he ran to them, and broke down their fish-pools. But when the Lord Jesus clapped his hands over the sparrows which he had made, they fled away chirping.” (The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden Edition).

The book of Luke 1:41 has Jesus leaping in the womb. The Infancy of Jesus has Jesus talking to Mary in the cradle and so does the Quran.

The Infancy of Jesus 1:1-3, “The following accounts we found in the book of Joseph the high-priest, called by some Caiaphas: He relates, that Jesus spake even when he was in the cradle, and said to his mother: Mary, I am Jesus the Son of God, that word which thou didst bring forth according to the declaration of the angel Gabriel to thee, and my father hath sent me for the salvation of the world.”

Surah 19:24,29-30, “Then the babe Jesus cried unto her from below her, saying: “Grieve not: your Lord has provided a water stream under you…. Then she pointed to him. They said: “How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? He Jesus said: “Verily I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet”.

Surah 3:46, “He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous.”

No comments:

Post a Comment