Search This Blog

Sunday, 8 June 2014

Holy Spirit at Pentecost

The Christian church teaches after the ascension of Jesus, the Holy Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2). However, the holy spirit is the Hebrew, Shekinah, which existed already in the Temple in Jerusalem and lasted until 70AD. The Shekinah was removed from the earth once the Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans.

Jesus had the "Shekinah", the Glory or Power of God, but he certainly did not come to bring this glory which was already in existence on the earth.

We have to accept a lot of the New Testament is not accurate. Islam suggests the "Comforter" in the New Testament is the Prophet Muhammed. The Gospel of Barnabas relates Jesus saying a Prophet would come after him.

From The Gospel of Barnabas:

"I therefore say to you that the Messenger of God is a splendour that shall give gladness to nearly all that God has made, for he is adorned with the spirit of understanding and of counsel, the spirit of wisdom and might, the spirit of fear and love, the spirit of prudence and temperance, he is adorned with the spirit of charity and mercy, the spirit of justice and Piety, the spirit of gentleness and patience, which he has received from God three times more than he has given to all his creatures.

O blessed time, when he shall come to the world! Believe me that I have seen him and have done. him reverence, even as every prophet has seen him: seeing that of his spirit God gives to them prophecy. And when I saw him my soul was filled with consolation, saying: "O Muhammad;, God be with you, and may he make me worthy to untie, your shoe latchet;, for obtaining this I shall be a great prophet and holy one of God." And having said this, Jesus rendered his thanks to God.

Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: "Wait Muhammad; for your sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make you a present, insomuch that whoever shall bless you shall be blessed, and whoever shall curse you shall be accursed. When I shall send you into the world I shall send you as my Messenger of salvation, and your word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but your faith shall never fail." Muhammad is his blessed name." Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God send us your Messenger: O Muhammad, come quickly for the salvation of the world!"

Jesus said to Barnabas, "Know, O Barnabas, that for this I must have great persecution, and shall be sold by one of my disciples for thirty pieces of money. Whereupon I am sure that he who shall sell me shall be slain in my name, for that God shall take me up from the earth, and shall change the appearance of the traitor so that every one shall believe him to be me; nevertheless, when he dies an evil death, I shall abide in that dishonour for a long time in the world. But when Muhammad shall come, the sacred Messenger of God, that infamy shall be taken away. And this shall God do because I have confessed the truth of the Messiah who shall give me this reward, that I shall be known to be alive and to be a stranger to that death of infamy."

The disciples answered, "O Master, who shall that man be of whom you speak, who shall come into the world?" Jesus answered with joy of heart: 'He is Muhammad;, Messenger of God, and when he comes into the world, even as the rain makes the earth to bear fruit when for a long time it has not rained, even so shall he be occasion of good works among men, through the abundant mercy which he shall bring. For he is a white cloud full of the mercy of God, which mercy God shall sprinkle upon the faithful like rain.'

Jesus relates the story that he will escape the crucifixion. His appearance will be put over another man so that it will look and sound like Jesus. A classic tale of irony on God's part. The person whom wanted another crucified ended up dying on the cross instead. Judas would be crucified in place of Jesus according to the Gospel of Barnabas. The world for the most part would believe Jesus had died on the cross until the advent of the Prophet Muhammed whom would relate the truth of the matter.

The Quran confirms this in Surah 4: 157, "And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain."

Early Gnostic Christians also taught Jesus had not been crucified.

The 2nd century Gnostic text, the 2nd treatise of Great Seth

“Yes, they saw me; they punished me. It was another, their father, who drank the gall and the vinegar; it was not I. They struck me with the reed; it was another, Simon, who bore the cross on his shoulder. I was another upon Whom they placed the crown of thorns. But I was rejoicing in the height over all the wealth of the archons and the offspring of their error, of their empty glory. And I was laughing at their ignorance.”

The 2nd century Gnostic Apocalypse of Peter (from the Nag Hamadi Library , not to be confused with the other non-Gnostic Apocalypse of Peter)

“when he said those things, I saw him seemingly being seized by them. And I said "What do I see, O Lord, that it is you yourself whom they take, and that you are grasping me? Or who is this one, glad and laughing on the tree? And is it another one whose feet and hands they are striking?" The Saviour said to me, "He whom you saw on the tree, glad and laughing, this is the living Jesus. But this one into whose hands and feet they drive the nails is his fleshly part, which is the substitute being put to shame, the one who came into being in his likeness. But look at him and me."

But I, when I had looked, said "Lord, no one is looking at you. Let us flee this place."

But he said to me, "I have told you, "Leave the blind alone!". And you, see how they do not know what they are saying. For the son of their glory instead of my servant, they have put to shame. "And I saw someone about to approach us resembling him, even him who was laughing on the tree. And he was filled with a Holy Spirit, and he is the Saviour. And there was a great, ineffable light around them, and the multitude of ineffable and invisible angels blessing them. And when I looked at him, the one who gives praise was revealed. And he said to me, "Be strong, for you are the one to whom these mysteries have been given, to know them through revelation, that he whom they crucified is the first-born, and the home of demons, and the stony vessel, in which they dwell, of Elohim, of the cross, which is under the Law. But he who stands near him is the living Saviour, the first in him, whom they seized and released, who stands joyfully looking those who did him violence,while they are divided among themselves. Therefore he laughs at their lack of perception, knowing that they are born blind. So then the one susceptible to suffering shall come, since the body is the substitute. But what they released was my incorporeal body. But I am the intellectual Spirit filled with radiant light. He whom you saw coming to me is our intellectual Pleroma , which unites the perfect light with my Holy Spirit."

Jesus also testifies of the Prophet Muhammed in the Holy Quran.

Surah 61:6, "And when Jesus, son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Go unto you, confirming the Torah which came before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he (Ahmad) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic"."

Muhammed is a prophet of God. Jesus said in the Gospel of Barnabas he would come after him. All of this is missing from the New Testament. The Holy Spirit is the Hebrew Shekinah that existed prior to Jesus. So it doesn't make sense that Jesus would bring in the Holy Spirit since it never departed from the earth from the time of the Temple until its destruction in the year 70AD.

Those who follow the Torah and Jesus whom believe in the Prophet Muhammed have a double portion of Mercy. Surah 57:28, "O you who believe in Moses and Jesus! Fear God, and believe in His Messenger (Muhammed), He will give you a double portion of His Mercy, and He will give you a light by which you shall walk (straight). And He will forgive you. And God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."" (Noble Edition).

We have a case of historical revision in the book of Acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment